dimecres, 30 de setembre del 2020

alex rider, season 1


A compelling remix of the first two books of the series 

By IMDB-jay-95578 

 10/06/2020 

I slapped a bit of this on half interestedly. I was a big fan of the books when I was younger but hadn't thought about them in a while. Before I knew it I was my fourteen year old self again. This isn't Shakespeare, but Anthony Horowitz knows how to write a popular, fast paced, easy reading story, and the makers of this series have captured that energy very effectively. This adaptation melds Stormbreaker's first few "origin story" chapters with book number 2's mission, completely skipping most of the first book's story. That's fine by me as Storm-breaker was never my favourite. I imagine the thinking here was just that a film based on stormbreaker already exists. Also, with 12 books to cover and our Alex Rider (charismatically played by Otto Farrant) already looking closer to 20 than 14, they don't have time to waste. Other aspects were amped up and some parts of the story were completely different, but what's important is that it felt like Alex Rider much more than the 2006 movie ever did.

 

 

VIDEO - ALEX RIDER, Season 1 - 2020 - 7/10 - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6964748/