divendres, 25 de desembre del 2020

uncle frank - gay film festival


Heartwarming and Heartbreaking 

By: IMDB-Blk_Ne190 

02/12/2020 

 I was so excited when I saw Amazon had a new movie both written and directed by Alan Ball. I had seen absolutely no promotion or anything for this movie at all which was strange and it really deserves some. It was really great. I didn't know much about the story going in and I think that it was a fresh take on this type of story. It kind of avoid some of the same old trappings and if it didn't avoid then it found away to make them more fresh or just tackle them from a different angle. The script is amazing. I love the dialogue that Alan Ball writes it feels so bombastic and real. There is a flow that takes away the stiltedness of words on a screenplay. I really enjoyed the performances too. They were really heart wrenching at times and done with care. Even the more subtle ones really stand out against the more dramatic ones. I was also surprised what it was pretty funny in the beginning. I found my self laughing more than I thought. This does end abruptly in the middle of the film however. It's a really well made film and I am sad that it didn't get more attention and publicity because it truly deserves it.

 

 

VIDEO - UNCLE FRANK - Gay film festival -  2020 - 9/10 - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11327514/