dijous, 18 de febrer del 2021

la vita davanti a sé


Heartfelt 

By: IMDB-maccas-56367 

08/12/2020 

A simple enough film to watch, that showcases the remarkable talents of Sophia Loren and newcomer Ibrahima Gueye. They had excellent chemistry and helped make the film both feel heartfelt and genuine - despite some of the emotional manipulation going on. 
 It felt like a slow film, but one that kind of drew me in as it went on. It creeps up on you in that regard. Despite the tenderness and heartache on display, I still somehow found myself a bit emotionally disengaged. I don't know whether it was the pacing or the "I've seen something like this before" aspect of things. Despite some downfalls, it's a film with a lot of heart and great to see Sophia Loren still at the top of her game age 86. May also now have a crush on Abril Zamora who was great and immensely likeable in her supporting role of Lola. The Life Ahead made me smile, and in a year like this, that is worth its weight in gold.

 

 

VIDEO - LA VITA DAVANTI A SÉ - 2020 - 7/10 - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10627584/