divendres, 12 de febrer del 2021

minari


Powerful 

By: IMDB-PedroPires90 

03/01/2021 

It's not my favourite movie of the year, but I wouldn't be sad if this wins BP. Unlike another big favourite (Nomadland), here I can see tension, I can see a story, I can see a direction and not just beautiful images. Unlike another favourite (Mank), here I can see passion, I can feel the warm, I can feel emotions. It's a very powerful story, a touching drama, that makes you think about choices, about family, about work, about life. It doesn't deserve 9/10 because in comparison to (for example) Parasite, I never had that sensation of WOW that I had several times watching that masterpiece. There are several movies in Asia (especially South Korea and Japan) who did it as well or better than Minari in the last years, but, as an American film, I must recognise that this is one of the best dramas in the last years. I would prefer a different ending, it felt a bit like "is it over?", but it's acceptable. Amazing performance by Youn Yuh-jung (please give her that supporting actress Oscar) and very good job by Steven Yeun (but I still think he was even better in Burning), Yeri Han and Will Patton. The kids did also an excellent job. Good score and good cinematography also.

 

 

VIDEO - MINARI - 2020 - 8/10 - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10633456/