diumenge, 15 de novembre del 2020

the queen's gambit, season 1


One of the best Netflix series ever made. 

By IMDB-Stofft 

 27/10/2020 

I have never been a fan of Chess. I played it a few times as a kid never understanding the depth of it and when I started to understand the depth of it I lost interest. It is simply not my kind of game. With that said. This mini series about a young woman who as a girl starts playing chess down in the basement at a orphans school with the local janitor and her way into the world of chess is simply one of the better things I have ever had the luxury to watch. I think what drew me into this mini series was that while it is focused a lot on the world of Chess, it is so much more. Her own personal journey through her early life from being a young girl to becoming a young woman and how to navigate a world where you have a troubled past was really well made and emotional. I honestly started thinking "this has to be based on some real life person?" but no, it is a fictional story. It is that well made. It is that convincing. If you want to see a well crafted Drama with good acting, a superb script, well made editing and everything you can think off. Nothing is left behind even minor characters are given enough time that you actually get to *know* them, their personalities and so on. That is a luxury that we are not treated with all too often in tv shows or movies these days. Don't hesitate to give this one a chance. It just keeps on delivering all the way to the end.

 

 

VIDEO - THE QUEEN'S GAMBIT - 2020 - 9/10 - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10048342/